onsdag 12 november 2014

First night in Tallinn

So, I am sitting in the sofa, about to go to sleep. This is going to be my second night in Tallinn.

My first night certainly was interesting. I went to sleep at 00.30 something and was woken up around 05.30 by the fire alarm and the smell of smoke. I ran around looking for the reason for the alarm but found nothing. There was smoke in the staircase... Two fire trucks came and they went inside my neighbours apartment. They did not stay for very long and they left some windows open in the staircase.
I had called 112, to try to find out what was happening and what to do. The first person I spoke to did not know any English, after about a minute she transfered my call to someone else! But she told me to stay inside and wait for the firemen to inform us, which they never did! Haha... Aaaanyway they did their job and after some time, I went back to try and get some more sleep. It took me ages to fall asleep and then I woke up a hundred times and finally got up after 11am!

I arrived yesterday with my parents and had a quite emotional day. You see, I came here following my dream to go back to Tallinn and Estonia, but I also left behind my home-for-the-past-ten-years and my safety and friends, and on top of that, a new love.

There have been moments when I have questioned my sanity. And I also know that I need to do this, or else I am going to regret it for the rest of my life!

So, yesterday was mainly about getting some basic groceries and stuff and to go to the population office to register my address here in Estonia. Then I went to EMT to buy a prepaid sim card with surf and stuff for my phone -  very important! I wanted to get a contract right away but they said I need the Estonian ID for that, so I will start with this prepaid card.
This Friday I am going to the police office and apply for the ID card, and hopefully I will also be able to open a bank account then!

So... This second day has been really nice. After a shower and late breakfast, we headed out to Old town, by taxi. My mother isn't walking that fast lately so we did not walk a lot, but I showed them around a little bit, looking at Estonian handicraft and I got a pair of cosy wool socks to wear at home! 
We went to Oliver for food. Wiener schnitzel with roast potatoes and vegetables and mushroom sauce. Soooo good! And good wine for my mother. And really cosy place and good service and a cute waiter, who spoke a little bit Swedish! Haha, this is really nice, some of the sales persons and people in restaurants know some Swedish - tells you how common the Swedish tourists are ;)

Now I did not mean to write a novel my first time in this blog, but I'll leave you now! Good night, or head ööd!! 


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar